Sunday, May 25, 2008

YIKES!


Yesterday was a wild weather day in our part of Oklahoma. Supercell thunderstorms developed in the area and were dropping tornadoes frequently. Thankfully, they didn't do too much damage and no one was hurt. A hog farm was hit and several of the barns there were destroyed or damaged. A home got damaged and a small church was destroyed.

I took this picture out in our pasture looking to the east. If you look past the tree in the middle you will see one of the tornadoes. It was about 7 miles away and moving away from me. You could see it better in person, but I didn't want to get any closer. LOL. It actually was the first tornado I had ever seen live with my own eyes. I always wanted to see one, preferably not coming right at me (LOL again) and out in an empty field causing no damage. As far as I can tell, this one was not one of the ones that caused damage.

Now Violet can't hold it over me for her having seen tornadoes before when I hadn't. :)

Kevin

2 comments:

FHL said...

Wow, that's a scary, yet amazing sight! So glad you all are safe and sound!

Norman, Cheryl, Olivia said...

Violet,

I am glad you are safe. Boy oh Boy the tornados in this country this year have been crazy we had one a couple of towns over in January of this year. Yes Jan in Wisconsin we had a tornado but thank God no one was hurt or died. Be careful there in Tornado land.