Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Orphanage update

We received an e-mail from Great Wall China Adoption today. They have heard some news from their Beijing staff about Jacob's orphanage. There was no damage reported to the orphanage, and everyone seems to be OK, but because of the fear of aftershocks "all staff and orphans are living out of the building and temporarily living in the tents ..."

Maybe being a little boy he's treating it as a big adventure. Oh boy! Living in a tent! I hope so.

I feel pretty helpless sitting here with a roof over my head. I am very grateful he's safe, and I just have to keep believing and trust things will work out.

Please keep us, especially Jacob, in your prayers.

Kevin

3 comments:

Norman, Cheryl, Olivia said...

Violet,
I will certainly keep him in our prayers I am sure he is well taken care of. You are in my thoughts Cheryl

Our Journey To Eden said...

I have been thinking about your Jacob and hope that he is safe and well cared for. I so hop ethingns move quickly for you and that he will be in your arms soon.


I hope you don't mind me asking....
Were you able to stay in the NSN line while you adopt Jacob or will you need to paper chase again for Emily?

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

We don't mind answering at all, and in fact I thought others might wonder, so we blogged about your question, Amiee. Thanks for raising the issue. We did have to give up our non-special needs LID to adopt Jacob. We plan to pursue adoption of our daughter in the future, God willing.
Violet