Friday, February 5, 2010

I'm rooting for the Colts

My favorite team, the Minnesota Vikings, didn't make the Super Bowl, so I'm rooting for the Indianapolis Colts. I like them, too, and I've always been a Peyton Manning fan. He seems to be a pretty classy player and a good person. But, there is another reason I'm rooting for him in the Super Bowl ...

During our research after we received Jake's file, I found several references online to Peyton Manning being cleft-affected. He has lent his name to the Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St.Vincent in Indianapolis, which has a big pediatric craniofacial center that treats, among other things, cleft lips and palates.

It gives me a feeling of comfort when I look at Jake going through surgeries and speech therapy to know that Peyton Manning went through these issues, too, and now he has won one Super Bowl and may win another. All things are possible.

Kevin

2 comments:

Love for Lilly Yin said...

I had no idea Payton Manning was cleft affected...wow...and your boy is so adorable!

Our Journey To Eden said...

Yes, all things are possible!


By the way... someone left a comment on my blog that the chair I mentioned and you said Jake used... was recalled. I clicked the link and sure enough it was. You can order a part to fix it for free. I know Jake is too old for that toy but you may have kept it for maybe another little one. :)

Here is the link...
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06068.html