Friday, October 5, 2012

The best day of our lives

Oct. 5, 2008, was indeed the best day of our lives. That was when we finally met the little boy we had only known through photographs and information from a few sheets of paper. Our meeting happened in our room in the Bell Tower Hotel, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, People's Republic of China. Our little boy, a baby really, was 3 weeks shy of his 2nd birthday. Now, he's a big boy, in kindergarten and almost 6 years old. Look at him then and now.
We were very blessed that day and have been blessed every day since. We love you Jacob and are so proud to call ourselves your parents.

4 comments:

Kevin, Jake and Violet said...

Our awesome little boy. You would reach up to Daddy and wrap your arms around his legs (which really wasn't very far around because you're arms were not big) and you would look up and that was your way of asking to ride on his shoulders when you didn't know how to ask. If I could go back in time, those precious, fleeting moments in Xian would be where I would go. But then I would miss all that is and will be. When we climbed Gloss Mountains and Daddy again lifted you up, your jacket hood caught on his head, and you thought that was the funniest thing. People say you are blessed, but they really have no idea, they really cannot have an idea, of how much blessing and love and joy you brought to us when that knock came on the door that day, and we opened it to the best times of our lives. We love you Jake. Mommy

Our Blue Moon Boy said...

Happy Familiversary!!

Kernel's Corner said...

I was touched by this. Lucky for children who find a family. My father died when I was very young that is why a family picture always and is a touchy topic for me, especially when fatherly love is in the air. Keep it up. Many children at heart -- like me -- still long for their own father, whom they didn't grow up with under some circumstances. I am not in my twenty's and established that if ever I have children of my own, I won't allow anything that would separate us from each other.

Stay happy! Best regards.

quilt'n-mama said...

Wow, it is hard to believe it has been 4 years. Happy belated family day.